|resources:||Home Installation Mailing list Source code Bugs Screenshots Nightlies|
|reference:||Roadmap Error messages Code overview Debugger (prototype only) Playthroughs|
Tossio-- Gnusto's debugger
Tossio is in its early stages at present. One day, it will have a GUI; until then,
you can execute a tossio command by giving an instruction starting with a slash, in place of a command to the story. Tossio is not yet recommended for general use, though it's interesting to play with and occasionally useful in solving problems. It only works at the z-code level at present; eventually it will also work with Inform source files.
These Tossio commands are defined at present:
- lists all the tossio commands.
- /open xxx
- open mangled story file xxx.
- print the value of the program counter and so on
- turn on debug mode. (This is too vague!)
- dissembles current story file. This can take a few seconds. Tossio won't dissemble again if it already has the information. Some commands will invoke this automatically.
- make tossio show some additional parser debugging
- step one place through (unlikely to be one opcode because of JIT; this should be cleaner)
- runs on until something interesting happens
- shows dissembly around program counter
- sets a breakpoint
- clears a breakpoint
- /show type id
- shows the value of a variable
- sets the value of a variable
- displays the about box