This document attempts to chart the goals and strategy for the upcoming
versions of Gnusto. It also tracks the sequence of previous project milestones
in an effort to give the present goals some sense of context. All goals are
subject to moving forward or back in the milestones based on the capricious
impulses of the bit-wranglers that herd them.
||Target Release Date:
||January 1, 2005
- Heavy focus on stability and usability
- Bugfixes and accessibility improvements
- Support for in-game sound in games that offer it
- Lots of testing
||Target Release Date:
- Support for Z-code Version 6 (the graphical one)(bug 3621)
- (Possible) support for Z-codes Version 1 and 2 (so rare as to almost be pointless)
- More robust Blorb support
||October 3, 2004
|(Note: Requires FireFox 0.9 or later)|| |
- Support for Z-code Versions 3 and 4 (bug
(means that now all non-graphical Infocom games are playable)
- Support for reading and writing savegames in the Quetzal format (bug
(save games can be shared with other interpreters)
- Auto-invocation of Gnusto when clicking z-code files on websites (bug
- Over 100 new features and bugfixes.
||September 1 2003
- Many, many, many bugfixes. Lots of 'em.
- Support for Z-code version 7-8.
- Support for command-history (up and down arrows cycle recent commands).
- Larger default font size
||July 26 2003
- Support for intact (non-mangled) z-code files (bug
- Complete basic support for all opcodes (bug
- Dynamic resizing of the game screen (not just the window) (bug
- Further Improved Screen-Handler(bug
- Support for Custom Alphabet Tables and Custom Unicode Translation Tables (bugs
- Improved handling for [More] text paging (bugs
- Speed improvements (bug
- Improvements to the installer (proper skin registration) (bugs
- Friendlier error-window(bug
- Firebird support (bug
- First release based off of the new screen model (major fundamental changes) (bug 3461)
- Substantially improved color handling (bugs 3456, 3460, 3590)
- Support for more opcodes, plus bugfixes and more robust handling for existing ones (rather a lot of bugs)
- Preliminary front-end for BAF's Guide
- Interface fixes
- Changes to allow Gnusto to work under Mozilla 1.3 (bug 3439)
- More robust error trapping and handling
- Tossio (debugger) improvements?
- Allow loading of arbitrary (mangled) Version-5 z-code games
- Integration of Tossio (debugger)?
||04 February 2003
- First official release: hardcoded to run an embedded copy of "Troll's Eye View"
||23 December 2002
- Proof-of-concept: linked in post to RAIF/RGIF
- Ran first 1000 or so cycles on "Troll's Eye View" before crashing.
Page Last Updated: 1 September 2003